Information We Collect
We collect the data you provide only to ensure that we can provide you Services in the best manner possible. By using the Godly App, you consent to providing us data in the ways listed below.
- Data added by you. We collect the information that you actively input into the Godly App.
- Godly Account data: We collect the data you provide to us when you create or update your Godly Account. This includes your name, phone number, email ID, and date of birth. We may require you to share further data on a later date to confirm the veracity of your information or pursuant to any additional features added to the Godly App.
- Feedback and other data: We collect and record: (a) the calls you make to our call centers, customer service personnel; (b) data you input when you participate in our referral programs or use any discount codes offered by us; and (c) feedback or comments you provide to us on the Godly App, including any crash reports and lag reports generated by you. Since the Godly App is still in the beta stages, it is important for us to analyse your usage of the Godly App and retain your feedback.
- Data collected from use of Services. We collect the following data generated owing to and pursuant to your use of the Godly App.
- Service usage data: We collect data on your interaction with our Services, i.e., Godly App access dates and times, features or pages viewed, crashes and other system activity, type of browser used to access the Godly App, and third-party sites or services used before or in the course of interacting with our Services.
- Device geolocation: We collect the location data from your mobile device when enabled by you. We collect this data even while the Godly App is running in the background of your mobile device.
- Installed app data: We collect the data about your installed applications, including the apps that you have installed on and from the date you create your Godly Account and the manner in which you use them. This also includes having access and permission to send your messages and notifications via your social media and instant messaging applications.
- Information received from third parties: We may also be working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, technical sub-contractors, analytics providers such as Google Analytics and Firebase, search information providers) and may receive information about you from such sources. Such data may be shared internally and combined with data collected under Section 1.2 (Data collected from use of Services) above.
Use of Collected Data
The data we collect from you will be used for the following purposes:
- For enabling the Godly App and Services. We use the data collected to personalize, maintain and improve our Services. This includes using the data to:
- Create and update the Godly Account.
- Enable features on the Godly App, including adjust video quality, frame rates and sizes etc.
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our Services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
- For improving and creating a stable beta version of the Godly App.
- For research and development. We use the data so collected for research, product development, piloting new products, and improving the UI/UX experience – all of which will ultimately improve how you experience the Godly App.
- For enabling customer support and communication. We use the information to provide customer support and train our customer service executives. We may further add features that allow you to call us (through the Godly App or otherwise), similarly, we may also need to contact you through the Godly App.
- For marketing and outreach. We use the data we collect to market our Services. This includes sharing your feedback, ratings and screen names for purely promotion and marketing purposes. Such promotion and marketing may be done via hoardings, banners, pamphlets etc.
- For fraud detection and preventing misuse. We use the data we collect to detect fraudulent usage of the Godly App and/or misuse of any of the features of the Godly App.
- For legal compliance and requirements. We use the data we collect to address claims or disputes relating to use of our Services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
- Sharing of Data
We do not share any personal data about you with any third parties unless necessary. We may enter into agreements or arrangements to provide the Services to you. We have detailed the manner in which we share the collected data below:
- Service Providers: We work with third party service providers to execute various functionalities of the Godly App, including providing any live feeds and videos on the Godly App, and we may share your information, whether as analytics or not, with such service providers to help us provide the Godly App.
- Change in Control: While negotiating or in relation to a change of corporate control such as a restructuring, merger or sale of our assets, we may have to disclose our databases and information we have stored in the course of our operations.
- Law enforcement. If any governmental authority or law enforcement officers request or require any information and we think disclosure is required or appropriate in order to comply with laws, regulations, or a legal process, then we may disclose the information we collect.
- Complaint management. If we receive any complaints regarding any Jhanki Content provided by you, then we may share your information with the complainant, this includes sharing your name, address phone number and email address.
- Your Rights To The Data
It is important to us that you remain in control of your data. Please write to us at email@example.com if you wish to exercise any of your rights provided below:
- Right to rectification. In the event that any personal data provided by you is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated, then you shall have the right to provide us with the accurate, complete and up to date data and have us rectify such data at our end immediately. We urge you to ensure that you always provide us with accurate and correct information to ensure that your use of our Services is uninterrupted.
- Right to withdraw consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent to this Policy by uninstalling the Godly App. You may write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to withdraw your consent to any specific data processing. However, we may restrict the provision of the Services to you if withdraw consent to our data collection, processing or retention practices. However, despite your withdrawal request, we may continue to retain and store your data as provided in Section 6 (Data Retention) below.
- Right to opt-out. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by writing to us. You may also opt out of receiving emails and other messages from us by following the unsubscribe instructions in those messages. You can further opt out of receiving push notifications through your device settings. Please note that opting out of receiving push notifications may impact your use of the Godly App.
- Consent Mechanism
By setting up a Godly Account, you agree to our data processing, storage, usage, and sharing provided by you pursuant to this Policy. If you do not agree with any of the terms of this Policy or the Terms or wish to revoke any consent you have provided to us, please write to us at email@example.com. However, if you revoke any mandatory permissions then we may have to cease the provision of Services to you.
- Data Retention:
We shall retain the information you provide to facilitate your smooth and uninterrupted use of the Godly App, and to (i) provide, improve and personalize our Services; (ii) contact you about your account and give customer service; (iii) personalise our marketing communications; and (iv) prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities. We do not retain your personal data for longer than required for the purpose for which the information may be lawfully used. For any other information, we will entertain your request for deletion, however, you may not be able to use our Services at all after such deletion.
- Data Security
We use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to ensure protection of the personal data. The transfer of personal data between your end device and us is generally carried out in an encrypted form (TLS encryption). You can identify an encrypted connection for example by the lock symbol in the address line of your browser. If you communicate with us by e-mail, access by third parties cannot be ruled out. However, remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Grievance Officer
Our data grievance officer is: Critika Agrawal accessible via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can contact the officer confidentially by email to enquire about the treatment of your personal information and any questions you may have about our data practices.
- Communications From Us
We may from time to time send you Service-related announcements when we consider it necessary and in your interest.